Don't Waste Your Life

Life's a journey - don't forget to unpack.

Where it all meets

Perhaps then, it is at the cross of Christ that we find what we crave for most deeply in this world. Love and sacrifice, justice and mercy, faithfulness and grace. It is at the cross of Christ that all these meet, and if we dig deep enough into the core of our being, we will find that these are the things we will live and die for. - Me

To you, my reader. :)

There, look on me, so that you may not praise me beyond what I am; there, believe me, not others, about myself; there, attend to me and see what I have been in myself, through myself. - St Augustine

Camp SOS

I'm back from Camp SOS! It was absolutely amazing, not just because of fun games and no cockups AT ALL during the camp, but also because I really saw lives that were touched and inspired. :)

I agreed to be an OGL even though I don't generally like cheers and ra-ra stuff (i felt a bit old to go for camps, actually), but I knew that I wanted to 'inspire' some freshies to take up social work as their major. I'm glad that with the help of Rach and Guan, it really took place. For those in our group who are already in SW, I hope that the conviction is stronger now and that it stays that way. For those who are freshies, I'm glad some were convinced to give this profession a shot. 4 years is a long time, but passions and convictions can also grow, as I've seen mine grow over the past 3 years.

I'm really glad. Everyone at the camp kept saying that I'm really funny and outgoing. But the real me is really very much introspective and quiet. Like now. Enjoying my nice quiet room.

At the end of the camp, Kaiyin patted me on the shoulder and said 'Liren, I think you should really accept that you're quite a funny person, and not keep saying u're not ra-ra.' Woah, that struck me quite hard. I realise that there are some things that I cannot bring myself to accept because I have never really thought of myself that way, or that those things seemed out of reach. Like being a funny person. I never thought that I have the ability to make people laugh out loud genuinely, because it seemed to be an ability that was really difficult. Perhaps i've really become a funnier person! :)

I learnt many things about myself during this camp and my role as an OGL. I learnt to compartmentalise myself and my feelings. Compartmentalise, not dichotomise (as Edmond always warns me against). I learnt to put aside my quiet, reflective, thinking side, and whip out my crazy side, as much energy as that saps out of me. But when the time came for reflection and de-brief, I would whip that out with much greater ease. :) Hehe, even some of my OG members noticed my energy level kinda collapsed towards the end of the 2nd day.

It was just simply great la. :) i really appreciated each and everyone of my group members and all of the camp comm. u guys rock!

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
     

    awww..liren u've always been able to make me laugh!ure a pleasure to be around!=)*HUGS*

Post a Comment