Don't Waste Your Life

Life's a journey - don't forget to unpack.

Where it all meets

Perhaps then, it is at the cross of Christ that we find what we crave for most deeply in this world. Love and sacrifice, justice and mercy, faithfulness and grace. It is at the cross of Christ that all these meet, and if we dig deep enough into the core of our being, we will find that these are the things we will live and die for. - Me

To you, my reader. :)

There, look on me, so that you may not praise me beyond what I am; there, believe me, not others, about myself; there, attend to me and see what I have been in myself, through myself. - St Augustine

手 chiu4 hands

Haha... since Diana said that this is the most beautiful post she has ever read, i decided to republish it again!!


just some thoughts that resulted from giving out flyers the other day at the nusha booth..

i tried to give a flyer to this guy who was holding his books in one hand and his girlfriend's hand in the other. and as i tried to give him the flyer, he raised the hand that contained his girlfriend's, as if to say:'can't u see, my hands aren't free.. they're occupied holding this other hand..'

it set me thinking. why are someone's hands the first thing that we touch (as in shaking hands), but yet holding hands is something so personal and close to the heart? holding hands is almost both a public and private declaration that i've set myself aside for that person at this particular period in time.

hmm.. why then, is it that only those who are really close (or in love for that matter) hold hands?

I figured it's cos our hands are the very things that we use for practically anything and everything. To scratch a nose, to hold a handphone, to type a blog message, to eat a pineapple tart, we use our hands. To hold someone else's hand would mean: well, for now i will give up all these other things that i could be doing with my hands. all these other things would take up my attention and my time, and hence i sacrifice all that to focus my attention solely on you and on what you have to say and to do.

It's the same for the other party. And hence holding hands is a commitment of attention, time and affection to the other party, undivided and undiluted.

Just my thoughts. Well, as I told Lin, i've never held anyone's hands, so I wouldnt really know. :)

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
     

    hahaha of cos u shld. u noe there are ppl asking me for the post which i ripped off from yours.. see how powerful it is!

    -caiying

Post a Comment