Don't Waste Your Life

Life's a journey - don't forget to unpack.

Where it all meets

Perhaps then, it is at the cross of Christ that we find what we crave for most deeply in this world. Love and sacrifice, justice and mercy, faithfulness and grace. It is at the cross of Christ that all these meet, and if we dig deep enough into the core of our being, we will find that these are the things we will live and die for. - Me

To you, my reader. :)

There, look on me, so that you may not praise me beyond what I am; there, believe me, not others, about myself; there, attend to me and see what I have been in myself, through myself. - St Augustine

Kueh Memories

Do you recognise this kueh? I'm like Weiyee.. maybe it's e effects of not being at home enough.. heh.. everything that happens seem to remind us of our parents' goodness.. heh..

I remember as a child, before our family came to know the Lord, we would always go for Sunday morning dinner at e small market below our place at Serangoon Ave 4. Sunday morning breakfasts would inevitably end up in me wanting a piece of this kueh.. but only because i loved the sweet thick kaya-like thingy on top.. i dun like the bottom part cos it's glutinous rice and usually quite disgustingly tasteless if u dun eat it w e kaya-like thingy.. and i would always gobble up e kaya-like thing.. but not want to eat e rice..

what usually happened would be that my dad would eat e rice on its own.. disgustingly tasteless and all.. but he never complained.. in fact, one of my clearest memories of him as i was a young boy was that i would order something, he would order something else that was really nice.. and i would look at his food longingly.. and he would always exchange it with me.

Thanks dad. U're awesome. I love you. Hope i will also be such a good daddy to my own children.





0 comments:

Post a Comment