Don't Waste Your Life

Life's a journey - don't forget to unpack.

Where it all meets

Perhaps then, it is at the cross of Christ that we find what we crave for most deeply in this world. Love and sacrifice, justice and mercy, faithfulness and grace. It is at the cross of Christ that all these meet, and if we dig deep enough into the core of our being, we will find that these are the things we will live and die for. - Me

To you, my reader. :)

There, look on me, so that you may not praise me beyond what I am; there, believe me, not others, about myself; there, attend to me and see what I have been in myself, through myself. - St Augustine

Who is this guy??


H
ello.

I am, erm, me.

People often say we shouldn't tie our identities to something else, but I've often wondered how we would identify ourselves if we didn't. We are, after all, relational creatures. I've tried, but I've found it impossible to describe myself without describing something else.

I like to think. This blog is mainly an outlet for that. Sometimes it is an outlet for love, sometimes for nonsensical shit, sometimes for ventilation. But it is mainly an outlet for my thoughts.

I don't claim to be a philosopher, or an academic, or a writer even, but in some ways I would like to combine all three aspects here, together with a knack for reflection. I hope you would find the stuff written here to be interesting and thought provoking.

I like others to think too. This blog is a platform for that, so do bounce ideas here. I like others to think, not about pointless things, but about life. I believe there can be pointless thinking; thoughts that are useless for the betterment of our daily lives. But I believe our thoughts can also be shaped and channeled in a way which leads us towards purpose and meaning.

I work as a social worker. For now, I still retain some affection towards my work, thankfully. I hope that as the years go by, my love for this profession grows instead of waning. I like doing counseling, and even though I have much to learn, I enjoy it when my clients and I are able to have a platform to think together, about life.

I enjoy food, and good company. I like to eat. Except when the food brings me diarrhoea.

I like to sit in a pub and stone and listen to good music. I've always felt watching musicians at their best and showing off their musical prowess is the perfect embodiment of self-actualisation.

I like to sit in a cafe and watch people go past me. I like to surf and read.

I don't like to exercise.

Welcome to my world. :)
_________________________________

Are we left here on our own?
Can you feel when your last breath is gone?

Night is weighing heavy now

Be quiet and wait for a voice that will say


You are not the only one

Who feels like the only one

Night soon will be lifted friend

Just be quiet and wait for the voice that will say


Come awake

From sleep, arise

You were dead

You’ve come alive

Wake up wake up

Open your eyes

Climb from your grave

Into the light
Bring us back to life

0 comments:

Post a Comment