Don't Waste Your Life

Life's a journey - don't forget to unpack.

Where it all meets

Perhaps then, it is at the cross of Christ that we find what we crave for most deeply in this world. Love and sacrifice, justice and mercy, faithfulness and grace. It is at the cross of Christ that all these meet, and if we dig deep enough into the core of our being, we will find that these are the things we will live and die for. - Me

To you, my reader. :)

There, look on me, so that you may not praise me beyond what I am; there, believe me, not others, about myself; there, attend to me and see what I have been in myself, through myself. - St Augustine

One foot in front of the other

Looooooooooooooooooooong walks are reserved for good pals. It's not everyone and everyday that one can spend 8 hours with another fren, doing nothing concrete, just finding out about and hanging out with each other. Such times are reserved for good pals.. Life is such a long journey.. much longer than from Holland V to Clementi..yet at times it seeems too short. We're at our destination before we even know it.



I look down at the table. Kinda dazed, and kinda sad over how some old friends have turned out. As if telling myself, I pat your hand and say:"Well, people change, my dear.", with just that little tinge of nostalgia n sadness. You look at me, and you shove that Orange McFizz into my face. "Cheer up, chill out." And you give me that wide grin of yours, tingling with that bit of the same sadness, yet mildly flavoured with an openness and ease with who you are and with me.


How significant of friendships. Walking together on the journey of life, and resting together when we're tired. Looking ahead, shoving Orange McFizz's into each others' faces and telling each other to cheer up and look forward.. almost in a commanding tone. Commands that stem from love, commands that grow from the very essence of friendship itself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment