Don't Waste Your Life

Life's a journey - don't forget to unpack.

Where it all meets

Perhaps then, it is at the cross of Christ that we find what we crave for most deeply in this world. Love and sacrifice, justice and mercy, faithfulness and grace. It is at the cross of Christ that all these meet, and if we dig deep enough into the core of our being, we will find that these are the things we will live and die for. - Me

To you, my reader. :)

There, look on me, so that you may not praise me beyond what I am; there, believe me, not others, about myself; there, attend to me and see what I have been in myself, through myself. - St Augustine

Desert

hmm... desert.. wat's a desert reallie like? maybe that's why I asked what do camels eat.. because.. I need to know how they survive in the desert.. I'm kinda going thru a period like that too.. thirsty, but where do i find sustenance? will all that i see and push forward for ultimately be just a mirage? in the midst of just sand and sand and sand and sand and sand (u get the point), what do i push towards? as i shared in Aceh, in the midst of tough times, the toughest thing is not being able to see the light at the end of the tunnel.. not seeing anything other than sand makes it kinda hard to move towards a place without sand u noe.. perhaps it's a time where i need to just move as God tells me to.. just obey.. more than seeking the way out myself, because I have no idea at all where to move.. but hanging on to God..

What do camels eat?

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
     

    Just had a crazy idea about the concept of being in a desert. Some of us try to quench our thirst while in the desert by paying good money to buy a bottle of chilled mineral water. The richer dudes will be able to buy those 1.5l bottles, while those who can not afford it, will purchase the smaller bottles. When the fulfillment from that bottle of water run out, we try to earn more money to buy more bottles of water, trying to permanantly quench their thirst. However, in John 4:13, Jesus says that "but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." Ending thought is that we can never find true fulfillment in material things, only Christ can give us an abundant life. This crazy idea came after you bought the $2.50 bottle of mineral water for me .. haha .. cheers!

  2. pp said...
     

    "The LORD will guide you always,
    He will satisfy your needs in a sun-sorched land and will strengthen your frame.
    You will be like a well-watered garden,
    like a spring whose waters never fail." Isaiah 58:11

    This verse came to mind when i read your post. hope it encourages you to press in to HIM despite seeing no 'results'... Remember He loves you so much! Call to Him and He will answer you, show you great and unsearchable things the mind does not know.

  3. pp said...
     

    hmm. i think while camels are in the desert they feed on their fat... but when they do eat i'm not too sure... camel food? heh.

  4. Anonymous said...
     

    crap
    boiring

  5. Anonymous said...
     

    crap
    boiring

Post a Comment