Don't Waste Your Life

Life's a journey - don't forget to unpack.

Where it all meets

Perhaps then, it is at the cross of Christ that we find what we crave for most deeply in this world. Love and sacrifice, justice and mercy, faithfulness and grace. It is at the cross of Christ that all these meet, and if we dig deep enough into the core of our being, we will find that these are the things we will live and die for. - Me

To you, my reader. :)

There, look on me, so that you may not praise me beyond what I am; there, believe me, not others, about myself; there, attend to me and see what I have been in myself, through myself. - St Augustine

Time to move...

It was a love affair that started about 5 years ago. I started this relationship, not knowing where it would lead to. In fact, this is my 2nd relationship. I broke up with Xanga after a few months with her. Didn't like her inflexibility and her always showing my name when people went to the address to find her. And I didn't like the limited things i could do with her either. *wink* She just didn't turn me on. But you can still visit my ex HERE.

And so I broke up and quickly found a rebound. Blogger was right there for me. She was more flexible with me, more exciting, and more colourful. And besides, I had also grown and I was ready for more options, more interactions with other partners. Xanga was a bit of an experiment which I had outgrown.

Blogger has been my faithful partner for the past 5 years. She's always been faithful, there to listen, to hear me pour my thoughts, and my medium of communication to the world. People have heard me, read me, peered into my heart, touched my passions, through her. I flirted with other partners at times, but never got into anything serious. I guess they never attracted me enough for me to give up my comfort. But I think I was never fully satisfied with her. In fact, I've been taking this relationship more seriously in recent months, and even tried to overhaul her (as you guys have seen in e past few months). Almost like dressing up the bride or sending her for cosmetic surgery, you know. I know, it's sad, but sometimes even dressing up the bride still doesn't satisfy. Cosmetic surgery's just the outside, if the inside sucks, no amount of surgery will help.

And so I'm moving on. Sorry, Blogger. But I think blogging has become a big enough part of my life, for me to host the blog somewhere else where I can do more with it. Somewhere more exciting, more interesting, more flexible, and somewhere which doesn't give me a black face everytime I try to make it do something.

Blogger, I'm giving you another week. Just for nostalgia's sake. One more week. After which, it will no longer be possible between us. Thank you for the past 5 years, but people move on.

It's not you, it's me.

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
     

    haaa so thereafter, who's the new girl?

Post a Comment