Don't Waste Your Life

Life's a journey - don't forget to unpack.

Where it all meets

Perhaps then, it is at the cross of Christ that we find what we crave for most deeply in this world. Love and sacrifice, justice and mercy, faithfulness and grace. It is at the cross of Christ that all these meet, and if we dig deep enough into the core of our being, we will find that these are the things we will live and die for. - Me

To you, my reader. :)

There, look on me, so that you may not praise me beyond what I am; there, believe me, not others, about myself; there, attend to me and see what I have been in myself, through myself. - St Augustine

Breizoz French Creperie! Crepe-ily Delicious Crepes!

I had just landed from the airport and having eaten a really unsatisfying "Continental" breakfast on board the flight and the most expensive egg sandwich I had ever eaten (it cost A$8 at the airport cafe while waiting for Hannah.. I only bought it because I was hungry from the unsatisfying breakfast), we decided to head for lunch after checking in at the hostel.

Zhen has always been mentioning to me this yummy crepe place which seems to be her 'coping strategy' from hectic work schedules, so it was fitting that my first Melbournian meal would be turn out to be French buckwheat crepes.

The crepe here are not the soft-ish kind kind we tend to get back home, which I suspect has more flour and egg components. The ones here are made from buckwheat flour, which give the crepe a crispier consistency. And my gosh, it also smells darned good. We had 2 savoury crepes and shared a dessert crepe.

She ordered a ratatouille crepe, which was essentially a crepe with cheese and vegetable stew. I've never been a fan of tomatoes which really form the tangy base of the stew, so I didn't enjoy this one too much.



I liked mine much better. Don't ask me why, but I've recently become a big fan of smoked salmon. The flavour and the umami factor is just amazing, whether you eat it raw with a good potato salad, or cooked like in my crepe here.


Omg. Just look at that gorgeous sunrise egg-yolk leaking nicely out of my crepe. And just that little bit of smoked salmon poking its smile out at me from inside the crepe, almost as if to entice me to slurp it all up with the delicious egg yolk. I'm glad the waiter recommended me this egg and salmon crepe. I had initially wanted egg, ham and smoked salmon in my crepe to which she exclaimed in horror: "That's ridiculous! You either take meat or you take the fish. Not both together. It doesn't make sense." Hahaa. And so I obeyed her orders like a good Singaporean.






Dessert crepe. This was a Jaffa crepe with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. Jaffa just means chocolate with orange, according to the now-naturalised Australian girl. Syrupped oranges, sweet, sour and bitter. Chocolate sauce, sweet and bitter. Crepe, hot and rough-textured. Ice-cream, sweet, cold and smooth. WHAM. Both Zhen and I couldn't help it but let out an uncontrolled pleasured 'ahhhhhhhhhhh......' What else can one ask for in life? (I think a good friend is still better :p )


Iced cafe. Nothing to shout about. I am on the lookout for the elusive perfect cafe. Watch this spot!







139 Nelson Place
Williamstown VIC 3016

(03) 9397 2300

  • Lunch Mon-Fri 12.00-3.00pm
  • Dinner Mon-Fri 6.00pm-10pm
  • Saturday 12.00-5.00pm, 6.00-10.00pm
  • Sunday 9.30am-9.30pm

0 comments:

Post a Comment