Don't Waste Your Life

Life's a journey - don't forget to unpack.

Where it all meets

Perhaps then, it is at the cross of Christ that we find what we crave for most deeply in this world. Love and sacrifice, justice and mercy, faithfulness and grace. It is at the cross of Christ that all these meet, and if we dig deep enough into the core of our being, we will find that these are the things we will live and die for. - Me

To you, my reader. :)

There, look on me, so that you may not praise me beyond what I am; there, believe me, not others, about myself; there, attend to me and see what I have been in myself, through myself. - St Augustine

Auction Rooms Cafe

I just passed the middle of this trip to Melbourne, and while it was wonderful being with Zhen the past few days, it was good that I had today to myself. One of the things I enjoy about travelling is often walking through the city centre on my own. I did that in Auckland, in Taiwan (hmm. did i?) and also last time in Christchurch. Walking through the city centre, people-watching, food-smelling, sound-hearing, gives your senses a barrage of information about the pulse of the city. For example, smelling coffee and hearing quick footsteps tells you of its busy-ness, smelling Laksa, chinese dumplings and fresh baked foccacia bread tells you this is a country with many migrants. Beautiful.

And so after a nap and some facebooking, I headed down to this cafe near my hostel I had chanced upon in a book called Melbourne Coffee Review. I was delighted! It was a beautiful quaint cafe in the middle of nowhere, and apparently they roast their beans on the premises! :)




My delicious braised beef cheek with black olives, a tomato-based puree and mashed potato. Mmmm.



Ooh. Can you see the jelly-gooey parts of the beef? *slurps*

At this point in the meal, Zhen popped by to visit me just for 5 minutes on her way to another meeting. It was really strange, because even though my braised beef cheeks wonderful when I was alone, it suddenly tasted a whole lot better when she came. I remember a JC teacher talking to us about why Chinese always eat their meals with friends or relatives.. and how a meal is a collective activity.

I've always believed this:

Good food = good food.
Good food + great friendships = AWESOMELY FANTABULOUS TIME.

I love it.

Look at my post-dinner cappucino!



Remnants of my dessert. I ate it all up before I could take a picture of it. By the way, it was absolutely delicious 'Chocolate Banana Spring Rolls with sour cream.' The chocolate in there wasn't chocolate sauce. It was half-melted chocolate lumps. OMG.

I really love this place, check out the interiors.


I absolutely love this place, except I won't be in Melbourne much longer. Stay noted of a new post on Jamie Oliver's restaurant Fifteen Melbourne!

Weeeee.


Auction Rooms Cafe
103 - 107 Errol Street
North Melbourne

0 comments:

Post a Comment