Don't Waste Your Life

Life's a journey - don't forget to unpack.

Where it all meets

Perhaps then, it is at the cross of Christ that we find what we crave for most deeply in this world. Love and sacrifice, justice and mercy, faithfulness and grace. It is at the cross of Christ that all these meet, and if we dig deep enough into the core of our being, we will find that these are the things we will live and die for. - Me

To you, my reader. :)

There, look on me, so that you may not praise me beyond what I am; there, believe me, not others, about myself; there, attend to me and see what I have been in myself, through myself. - St Augustine

CBT (Coffee Break Therapy): Starbucks @ Wilkie Edge


Somehow, I haven't managed to have chances to visit cafes for sometime, so today was a little treat for me. After church, I wanted to find a place to sit down and focus on some work, so I went to the Starbucks nearest my church: Wilkie Edge.

Wilkie Edge is a new development right on the edge of town, about a 10 minute walk from Dhoby Ghaut and right next to Peace Centre. It houses Citadines, a block of serviced apartments and another floor of Kaplan's (a private commercial school). Besides that, there's only a bank, a Korean food cafe, a restaurant, and Starbucks. As you can tell, there are not many people in the building.

Unfortunately, well-located Starbucks' don't stay unknown for too long. When I went today, it was packed full of students. Wonderfully, Starbucks really knows how to cater to its crowd. It really is no longer a place to drink coffee; it's a place to surf and read.

Rarely do you find a Starbucks where you can really sit and get some work done, but I must say this was one of them, even though the barrage of students and books really makes it feel like a cafe in a school. I like this cafe cos it's quiet, there's no music played on the 'other half' of the cafe and there are really plenty of powerpoints for laptops. In fact I think there's at least one for every table.



Strange, but the internet connection here wasn't too stable today. I could connect on my iPod, but it took more than half an hour before I managed to log in to MSN even though I could get some stuff displayed on my browser. I had to buy my coffee at full price cos their NETS machine wasn't working, my new credit card hadn't arrived (the old one broke) and I didn't have enough cash so I couldn't buy the coffee passport (which gets me every coffee for $5).

I liked my Sunday. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment