Don't Waste Your Life

Life's a journey - don't forget to unpack.

Where it all meets

Perhaps then, it is at the cross of Christ that we find what we crave for most deeply in this world. Love and sacrifice, justice and mercy, faithfulness and grace. It is at the cross of Christ that all these meet, and if we dig deep enough into the core of our being, we will find that these are the things we will live and die for. - Me

To you, my reader. :)

There, look on me, so that you may not praise me beyond what I am; there, believe me, not others, about myself; there, attend to me and see what I have been in myself, through myself. - St Augustine

ieat Makan Session

And so after some anxiety in the signing up process, Jialin managed to get us down for the ieat Makan Session at Beijing Hand-in-Hand Restaurant hosted by the cool food blogger of ieatishootipost.

It was a very interesting experience. It was cool to finally hear Leslie Tay's voice instead of reading his words, and see him in person instead of on a picture or in video. And he actually sat next to me explaining how the makan sessions were organised. And gave hints as to how to stand a better chance of getting into the list. Haha. Celebrity blogger sitting beside me leh! Heh. Cheap thrill, I hear you say?

Too bad Jialin and Larry were separated from Gin and myself. So we were at a table on our own with 8 other strangers. The food was above average but not wow-inducing, I would have liked more servings of some specific dishes though.

Yet it was a very interesting to sit at a table with 8 other people who don't know each other, but each totally focused on food. And these people know their food, I tell you. There were some who were totally focused on taking photos, others who were explaining why a certain species of long beans are used and not another kind, and then there were the rest of us who were just ooh-ing and aah-ing through dinner. And oh, there was the lady who would stand up, take a mouthful with her chopsticks and chomp on her food still standing. Now that's a food-lover.

Seriously, it's a joy to eat with people who also love to eat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment