Don't Waste Your Life

Life's a journey - don't forget to unpack.

Where it all meets

Perhaps then, it is at the cross of Christ that we find what we crave for most deeply in this world. Love and sacrifice, justice and mercy, faithfulness and grace. It is at the cross of Christ that all these meet, and if we dig deep enough into the core of our being, we will find that these are the things we will live and die for. - Me

To you, my reader. :)

There, look on me, so that you may not praise me beyond what I am; there, believe me, not others, about myself; there, attend to me and see what I have been in myself, through myself. - St Augustine

Taiwan 2 - Kaohsiung

Haa.. and so after we left Hualien, we left for Kaohsiung. Peektures!

Kaohsiung was quite eventful. Besides living in a hostel operated by an angmoh, there were many things to see and do. I think I enjoyed Kaohsiung a lot!

On the train to Kaohsiung. Notice Yanling's *ahemsuperahembigahemandahemheavyahem* luggage. I swear she brought her whole house with her, and bought the whole of Kaohsiung's night market.

Legendary Taiwan LuRouFan which wasn't that legendary after all.
World's best fried mushrooms

Best beef noodles I've ever eaten so far.

Waiting for the MRT.

We visited Fo Guang Shan, one of the largest monasteries in Taiwan. And OMG, it's really a SHAN. Climb until siao. I must say it was a REALLY fruitful visit. We had Venerable MiaoQi bring us around the monastery and along the way she shared from her deep wisdom a lot about Buddhist philosophy. I really learnt so much.

Yanling and Cindy bathing the Buddha as a ritual of self-purification.

Inside the main shrine.

Venerable and us.

And we thought this only happens in Taiwanese dramas.

Holy Rosary Cathedral.. apparently this church is built according to the Gothic architectural tradition!

Alexis praying.

Inside the church.

Great sunset at the Kaohsiung Harbour.

Another sunset.

This is for you. :)




Kaohsiung, OUT!

0 comments:

Post a Comment