Don't Waste Your Life

Life's a journey - don't forget to unpack.

Where it all meets

Perhaps then, it is at the cross of Christ that we find what we crave for most deeply in this world. Love and sacrifice, justice and mercy, faithfulness and grace. It is at the cross of Christ that all these meet, and if we dig deep enough into the core of our being, we will find that these are the things we will live and die for. - Me

To you, my reader. :)

There, look on me, so that you may not praise me beyond what I am; there, believe me, not others, about myself; there, attend to me and see what I have been in myself, through myself. - St Augustine

Year 4 has begun!

Was pondering last night if I should go to school today even though I have no lessons. Thought I wanted some more time to prepare myself mentally and emotionally for year 4, and was considering staying at home. Quite glad I decided to go to school in the end. I don't think I would have been prepared even if I had stayed at home. It'd prolly have been a day of slacking. Sometimes the best way to warm up for a swim is to jump right into the deep end.

Got some books to read up on for my thesis, downloaded some programs to touch up my comp, met Mich for super early lunch at the new arts canteen. Bought my new pencil case and a notebook for the sem (it's almost psychological.. getting a notebook to signify the start of a new sem), spent a little bit of time with LeeHuan helping her with her textbook borrowing. Not much was done in real terms, but eventful nonetheless. :)

It does seem though, that NUS is a little different without Eileen, Jee Lee, Jacq n Diana CY. People who were once real familiar presences in my NUS times. I'm glad though, that the hols has helped me to get to know many more SW friends, and I'm just hoping that my honours year with them will be a wonderful time. :)

The yr 4 mods on IVLE have absolutely nothing on the module website. Is it a sign of impending lecturer-imposed independence?

In other areas, I'm a little burnt out from YEP work. I think it's not just that la, but the idea of having been through/ conducted 3 amazing race-like events over the past 1 month is enuff to screw my brain. I got no more brain juice to think of clues anymore. The Ubin workshops were good, but I wonder at the real value of the things we worked on there. Or maybe I'm a little agitated at how some of the concepts brought up during e workshops has kinda turned our project upside down. Wish I could take a break, but it looks like this isn't very possible.

I'm really not sure how i'm gonna handle 4 level 4000 mods, thesis research, moving house in Nov, December YEP, church work, Mon BS, in addition to meeting James and Edgar once a week. So scary.

0 comments:

Post a Comment