Don't Waste Your Life

Life's a journey - don't forget to unpack.

Where it all meets

Perhaps then, it is at the cross of Christ that we find what we crave for most deeply in this world. Love and sacrifice, justice and mercy, faithfulness and grace. It is at the cross of Christ that all these meet, and if we dig deep enough into the core of our being, we will find that these are the things we will live and die for. - Me

To you, my reader. :)

There, look on me, so that you may not praise me beyond what I am; there, believe me, not others, about myself; there, attend to me and see what I have been in myself, through myself. - St Augustine

Korean Hostage Crisis

I've been quite disturbed by the whole Korean hostage crisis. In fact, I was fuming like crazy yesterday morning when I read that they had shot one of the hostages. How evil can a man get? half a bullet in one's brain is enough to kill, but they put 10 bullets in that guy. 10. not 1, not 2. 10.

It sickens me to the core. By now, most of us who read the papers know that the hostages are Christian aid workers sent by a church from Korea to Afghanistan. It sickens me all the more because I'm a Christian myself. Having also been on several volunteer trips, some as a secular volunteer and others as a Christian, it saddens me because I know that we really don't go with any other motive but love. Why else would these Korean people risk their lives going to such dangerous places? Some who dislike Christianity say 'because they want to win converts'. True, but adding numbers to a religion will not drive one to risk his own life, because those are just statistics. There must be love involved.

It saddens me deeply. Really, it does. But it's true that wherever love is, there will be sacrifice, and there will be pain. Thank You, for loving us enough to die.

This song has comforted me a lot as I felt disturbed about this crisis. It's kinda personal, you don't neccessarily also have to feel comforted by it. :)



I Stand For You

Jesus, I stand for You
No matter what You lead me through
They will chase me out
And close me down
But Jesus I’ll stand for You

I’ll always stand
I’ll always stand
I’ll always stand for You (X2)

Jesus, I’ve stood my ground
When unbelief was all around
I have failed the sting
Rejection brings
But Jesus I still stand for You

I’ll always stand
I’ll always stand
I’ll always stand for You

A time will come
When everyone
Will turn there eyes
On the Risen Son
But until that day, this world will turn away
And so I’ll take Your hand - I’ll always stand for You

Guilty of this grace
But You took my place
So Jesus, I’ll always stand for You

I’ll always stand
I’ll always stand
I’ll always stand for You

0 comments:

Post a Comment