Don't Waste Your Life

Life's a journey - don't forget to unpack.

Where it all meets

Perhaps then, it is at the cross of Christ that we find what we crave for most deeply in this world. Love and sacrifice, justice and mercy, faithfulness and grace. It is at the cross of Christ that all these meet, and if we dig deep enough into the core of our being, we will find that these are the things we will live and die for. - Me

To you, my reader. :)

There, look on me, so that you may not praise me beyond what I am; there, believe me, not others, about myself; there, attend to me and see what I have been in myself, through myself. - St Augustine

Bump


And so it was a random Sunday morning. One of the mornings that I play drums for service, which is actually quite a tiring thing. And I hopped out of church wondering where I should go for my ritual reading time with myself on Sundays. I decided to go to the newly opened Iluma to look for a cafe. I could take one of two routes.

Route 1 (normal route): Prinsep Street => Albert Street => Across Bugis Village => Turn right on Victoria Street to Iluma.

Route 2 (never taken before): Prinsep St => Albert St => Bencoolen St => Middle Road => Turn left o Victoria Street to Iluma.

These 2 routes are by foot by the way. And so just out of pure desire for novelty and a general disgust at the extreme crowdedness at Bugis Village, I took route 2.

Was walking along enjoying the new buildings and wondering about God's plan for putting our church in such an interesting artistry-laden, commercial, edge of the city area. How touristy. And I was about to cross a little street called Bencoolen Link when I looked up across the road before crossing.

I rubbed my eyes. Hmm?! Is that my friend across the road? My friend from Korea studying in USA? Huh? It can't be her. This is Singapore. This is a random Sunday morning. She's on my Facebook and MSN. She didn't tell me she's coming to Singapore. It can't be her. It can't be Julie. Julie can't be Singapore.The thoughts floated around until a scream pierced the tourist noise. "OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!" it went. I looked up from my thoughts and saw that she was really who I thought she was and that she was running across that little road risking her very life to come over to my side. And my mouth was gaping too. OMG.













It was her! Hahaaaaaaaa. I absolutely couldn't believe it. Of all places, a random little tiny street at Bugis. She was heading to Bugis Village, which I also happened to be happily avoiding. Turns out she was only in Singapore for a couple of days, but didnt have time to get access to the Internet to get in touch with me.

What a blessing to bump into random friends from halfway across the world!





0 comments:

Post a Comment