Don't Waste Your Life

Life's a journey - don't forget to unpack.

Where it all meets

Perhaps then, it is at the cross of Christ that we find what we crave for most deeply in this world. Love and sacrifice, justice and mercy, faithfulness and grace. It is at the cross of Christ that all these meet, and if we dig deep enough into the core of our being, we will find that these are the things we will live and die for. - Me

To you, my reader. :)

There, look on me, so that you may not praise me beyond what I am; there, believe me, not others, about myself; there, attend to me and see what I have been in myself, through myself. - St Augustine

CBT: SG Passion Cafe @ Esplanade

It's a Tuesday afternoon and I'm at the Esplanade on my day off after a lunch with Ginnette near her office. Being in the same area, I didn't want to try out the same Starbucks at One Fullerton that I had previously blogged about last week.

Ventured into SG Passion Cafe here at the Esplanade Library and while it's not the quietest cafe around (there are still those students discussing their projects..), relatively speaking this is like an oasis of peace compared to the hustle of Shenton Way just 5 minutes walk away from here. Besides, being right beside the library, people are compelled to be relatively quieter than other cafes.

I enjoy the slightly dim lights which are supported well by the sunlight streaming in from the windows as well as the comfy seats. There are 2 couches, some cube seaters, a bartop counter, some single seat mini-armchairs as well as the regular tables and chairs with the tables at just the right height for typing and enough space for a mouse at the side of the desktop.

Looking around, I think there are about 5 -10 power sockets hidden in the floor, which means people don't have to run to grab seats near the pillars. But there's also a higher chance people might trip over your cable. Haha. WirelessSG running well.

They seemed to have changed soundtracks since I started blogging on this post. It was some classical violinist backed up by an orchestra just now and now it's some jazzy-popish-rnb singer. But it's not too loud, and honestly, quite enjoyable.

The barista looks like she may be of African descent (cool!) and her coffee is GOOD! While my iced mocha latte looked kinda pale initially, one sip and the deep flavourful coffee shoots its fragrance right into your senses and wakes you up. As I'm writing this, one of the ladies in the cafe is pouring her own self-made muffin mix into little muffin cups, which means they will be out soon. I wonder what flavour it is.. but seriously.. home-baked muffins in cafes of this location are really hard to find. I shall tell you how it tastes like later.

I like this place. It's quiet, and the music is getting kind of addictive. It's a good place to chill, relax and love yourself a little bit. We need it, yea?

As for me, I'm gonna love myself by getting myself a nice warm muffin later. *wink*
____________________________________

The muffins just got released from the oven. I'm having an Oreo muffin and it's the first time I'm eating one. I normally get either chocolate or banana ones. It literally steams as I peel of the crusty top of the muffin and bite off the Oreo chunks. Yum. Seriously, for stuff like muffins, it doesn't always have to be super rich or super full of ingredients. They taste good as long as they are fresh from the oven. And no. Not the microwave oven. :) :) :)

Happy Day!





0 comments:

Post a Comment